Honey mustard glaze… need I say more?
This is a 20 minute recipe that looks and tastes like you slaved in the kitchen for hours. When we think about recipes to share with you guys we have three things in mind:
- Is it healthy?
- Is it quick and easy?
- Will you want to make it again?
We think this recipe meets all of the above criteria, no questions asked. Simple clean ingredients make this a wholesome meal for the whole family.
The best part about this recipe is that I made it with a 2 year old and 10 month old tugging at my legs while beckoning for my attention ..and it still looks good too!
- 1 bag cut and cleaned fresh asparagus
- 2 salmon filets (double glaze recipe if cooking more)
- 1 small lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice 1/2 to 3/4 of lemon thin.
- Melt butter in microwave and then mix in honey, syrup and mustard with whisk.
- Place salmon and asparagus on sheet pan (I don’t spray or coat mine in anything, check out GreenLife pans, they are the best!). If you don’t have a nonstick sheet pan, I would use an olive oil spray.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper over asparagus and toss.
- Place thinly sliced lemon over asparagus (similar to picture).
- Using a silicone brush, brush glaze over all sides of the salmon flipping it to glaze the bottom as well. There should be extra glaze left over.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Optional – every 5 minutes re-glaze the salmon
- Let cool and serve with your favorite sides, I love this over brown rice or roasted potatoes!