A simple toddler approved vegetable side or snack.
We’re hoping that it’s not just us but our kids go in and out of being picky eaters way too frequently for our liking. So we’re always looking for toddler friendly ways to get veggies into those tiny little balls of energy. Enter zucchini tots, our newest invention to sneak some vitamins and nutrients into their diet.
Like most of our bite size recipes you can fry or bake these, we recommend baking them because why not avoid the frying oil if you can, right? These make great mom snacks and sides, too!
We had the luxury of picking these zucchini’s right from our backyard! Be on the lookout for a new post on how to start a veggie garden without getting overwhelmed.
Don’t forget to comment below or post and tag us on facebook or instagram if you try this recipe! #belivelyeats
- 4-6 zucchini (4 medium to 6 small)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs (we use gluten free)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup shredded cheese (Romano, mild cheddar, etc.)
- Shred zucchini by hand or with your food processor (make sure to use the shredder attachment)
- With a cheese cloth or kitchen rag, squeeze excess water out of shredded zucchini
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredient and mix
- Decide if it’s a fried or baked kind of day…
- Form bites, in any shape you want. We always like to use use an ice cream scooper for consistency then shape them by hand
- Fry on medium heat in EVOO or avocado oil until all sides are browned.
Heat oven to 350 and place bites on baking sheet. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes and then flip and cook for 10-15 more minutes.