Have you ever seen those memes on Instagram about how you have to read through 27 chapters of a novel just to get to the Ingredients list for a simple recipe? Well, this is not one of those posts! Please see below for a easy, delicious, somewhat nutritious take on the fish taco! Just add a margarita or a mocktail and close your eyes and you are immediately transported to the beaches of Mexico or just somewhere that is not your house in quarantine.
- Mi Rancho Soft Organic Corn Tortillas
- 1 Avocado
- Green Cabbage (full head)
- 0% Greek Yogurt
- Non-dairy or full dairy shredded cheese blend
- White Fish (we get Grouper or Cod from Bywood Seafood in Rosemont, PA)
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 TSP Butter
- Diced Tomatoes
- Kelchner’s Spicy Sriracha Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cumin to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place aluminum foil over a large cooking tray and place fish on top.
- Slice butter into quarters and place on top of the fish. Add salt, pepper. Slice lemons and cover top of fish with them.
- Put in over for 15 minutes or until the internal thermometer says 140°. It’s also ready if you can easily flake it with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, dice tomatoes.
- Slice open avocado and place into a bowl. Add tomatoes, cumin to taste, salt and pepper to taste. Add lime juice. Mix together to make guacamole.
- Grate carrots and set aside in small bowl.
- Cut cabbage and set aside in small bowl.
- Put greek yogurt into small bowl.
- Do the same with the shredded cheese.
- Take fish out of oven when ready and move to a plate to prevent overcooking.
- Using tongs, turn the stove on and hold your tortilla over the open flame to warm for about 30 seconds (I learned this from a chef friend and I feel like Ina freakin Garten when I do this.)
- Place tortilla on plate, slather with greek yogurt. Add guac, cabbage, carrots, cheese and fish. Top with Sriracha Mayo if you need a kick and a quick squeeze of lime and enjoy!