The picky eaters guide to broccoli.
So this isn’t actually a guide but it is a way to get those mini eaters to actually get some greens in them. This recipe is also a win for the moms out there who don’t have picky eaters …but just know that we. are. all. jealous.
Like most of our bite size recipes you can fry or bake these, we recommend baking them because why not avoid the frying oil if you can right? These make great mom snacks and sides too.
In the COVID-19 world, it’s hard er to get groceries especially produce for some reason. Anyone else having that issue? This recipe is great because you can make a large batch and freeze them. You can pull them out of the freezer a few at a time and throw them in the mircowave for an “instant” homemade meal or snack.
Get creative and customize the recipe below by adding additional veggies that you might already have. Spinach, carrots, squash, peas, etc. they could all fit easily into this recipe.
Don’t forget to comment below or post and tag us on facebook or instagram if you try this recipe! #belivelyeats
- 3 lb cut and cleaned broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheeses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Steam the broccoli until very soft on the stove.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, mix ingredients together.
- Decide if it’s a fried or baked kind of day…
- Form bites, we like to use use an ice cream scooper for consistency
- Fry on medium heat in EVOO or avocado oil until all sides are browned.
Heat oven to 350 and place bites on baking sheet. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes and then flip and cook for 10-15 more minutes.